Leupold lrp ?

Petersen

Ordered a leupold LRP to try. Usually use NXS but want to lighten a rifle up.

Looks like a nice scope, but.... the clicks don't match up with turret.

Ordered MOA version, has MOA caps, says MOA on the box, but I believe the clicks are Mil version of scope.

16 clicks puts you on 5MOA. Total clicks per revolution is 50 rather than 60 for the 15MOA it should be. Looks like mil version is 5 per revolution so 50 clicks makes sense. Windage dial also off the same, not just elevation.

Oh ya, box was sealed up when arrived, and the instructions for scope in box were not even for right model. Instructions provided for VX5HD.

Gonna call Leupold Monday morning but checking if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

That doesn't sound correct. Mine came with a LRP manual and thread protector ring for windage turret. It also has 60 clicks for 15 MOA on the elevation turret. Good luck.

PS I also chose this scope to drop some weight. The glass is fantastic for the relative price

The scope and glass looks quality on this one as well, it also came with that ring to protect threads on windage and the shorter threaded piece to replace throw-lever, and the Leupold caps.

Here in Canada there was an issue a few years back when a major Canadian retailer was found to be sourcing his Leupold scopes from outside the country rather than from the licenced distributor, which resulted in those scopes not being covered by warranty if they were returned to the authorized Canadian distributor for work.

They were legitimate Leupolds, but they didn't enter the country through the proper channels. If that can happen with a major established retail chain...why not counterfeits as well?

Ordered a leupold LRP to try. Usually use NXS but want to lighten a rifle up.

Looks like a nice scope, but.... the clicks don't match up with turret.

Ordered MOA version, has MOA caps, says MOA on the box, but I believe the clicks are Mil version of scope.

16 clicks puts you on 5MOA. Total clicks per revolution is 50 rather than 60 for the 15MOA it should be. Looks like mil version is 5 per revolution so 50 clicks makes sense. Windage dial also off the same, not just elevation.

Oh ya, box was sealed up when arrived, and the instructions for scope in box were not even for right model. Instructions provided for VX5HD.

Gonna call Leupold Monday morning but checking if anyone else has experienced anything like this.
I won't use one, they had them at the sportmen expo dailed one in front of them just to show them in person kind of hard for them to explain.night force is worth the extra ozs.

I hope you get this issue resolved. I have a Leupold LRP MOA and it is exactly that. no problems very good glass and stable. I have had good luck with Leupold. Good service too

I have two of the 6.5-20x50 and a buddy has one as well. All on some kind of custom 6mm something or other.

I own a SHV NF as well. 5-20x56

The TMOA reticle is in my opinion an easier reticle to look at than the MOAR on the NF. The MOAR seems to get just a tad thick for my liking at higher power.

The scope tracks very well, ive ran both my guns up, down, up and down and have always had it return to zero as well as come up the correct MOA needed.

The zero stop Leupolds uses is very well thought out and simple to use.

15 MOA of elevation per turn, windage dials are labeled right and left. The windage turret also comes with a thread protector if you choose to take the cap off and leave it off.

Glass is very good. I think it's as clear as my SHV. It might give up a little to the SHV in brightness. However objective lens are different shapes and sizes.

The SHV seems to focus for my eyes slightly better than the LRP. I.e on my orange paster with black center, the black center is more defined with the SHV than the LRP.

LOTS of elevation adjustment in the LRP. I believe the 6.5-20 has 90 moa both wind and elevation. The 4.5-14 has 120.

For the money I think it's a hard scope to beat. The SHV is possibly a little better optic but it also costs another 300-400 dollars depending on model and if weight is a concern the Leupold is hands down the choice to go with.

Overall I wouldn't hesitate to buy another LRP.

My only wish is they made an MOA version of the scope in FFP.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.