Leupold Issues-tracking ??

dustybrown

I have a VX 3 LR 4.5-14 30 mm tube 50mm obj. scope. 1/3 MOA ajustments..... and I was shooting today at 650 and 850 yards... all went well untill I reset to my zero... 200Yds. and shot a group and it was 6-7 inches low.... Have any of you guys had similar tracking isues with lepoulds ??? as I think about it this is the second time I have had this happen.... HELP!!! all mounts are good and tight...

J E Custom

I have a VX 3 LR 4.5-14 30 mm tube 50mm obj. scope. 1/3 MOA ajustments..... and I was shooting today at 650 and 850 yards... all went well untill I reset to my zero... 200Yds. and shot a group and it was 6-7 inches low.... Have any of you guys had similar tracking isues with lepoulds ??? as I think about it this is the second time I have had this happen.... HELP!!! all mounts are good and tight...

No . It is not normal !

If you zeroed your turrets and they don't return to the same POI then I would recomend
sending it back to Leupold with an explanation of your problem and they will fix or replace
your problem.

J E CUSTOM

dustybrown

Ok , thank you.. Im trying to make sure i did not over look somthing obvious.. the turet cap set screws were tight. I am going to shoot again tomorrow and see if it happens again but even if it re zeros it seems to be a cofidence issue now. Thanks again....

Catfish

I would call Leupold. I have never had that problem with a Leupold and I adjust my elevation everytime I change yardage.

dustybrown

I tried to recreate the issue today... five (5) shot groups with full revolutions in between and POI was very close each time retuning to my zero. So I must have either over rotated some how and not noticed.... Oh the joys of learning.... I did pound the heck out of my steel plate at 844 yards today... That made me feel better... Thanks again... And I hope I have seen the last of that issue my fualt or not...

azsugarbear

I have had some tracking issues with a couple of my Leupolds. In my experience it is not normal, but it does occur. Keep an eye on it. If it happens again, then send it back to them for a once-over.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.