Leupold Tracking Question

Have you PERSONALLY had a Leupold fail to track

• Total voters
I hav
I have a vx6hd 3-18x50 and I'm starting to lose confidence in it. I sent it back for overtravel (dialed 20moa and reticle moved 20.75-21) and they said it was within their tolerance...

It's on a proof barreled 6.5x284 and every time I go out the zero is off at least 0.75 minutes. The groups are great, but poa is not matching poi. Yesterday I shot 535 yards and had 2 hits out of 5....i swear when I dial it it's moving something it shouldn't. Got out my 223 with a NF SHV 5-20 on it and had 19/20 hits. I'm going to swap the scopes and see what the culprit is.

I had this same issue with a 4-24, send it back to leupold and they didnt fix it. I then sent it back again and they sent be a brand new 4-24 ZL3 and just shot it at 850 ys, there is 11.5 inch btwn 16moa and 15.25. The gun is shooting 3' groups at 850 but im not trusting my clicks!

Only one. A VX-3 2.5-8x32 handgun scope. Bought it new along my 18" MGM .260 Encore barrel. Did load development, worked great. Sighted in for MN deer season. Worked great. Two days later I took a shot at a beautiful 8 point at 100 yards broadside. Heard a crack after the shot. Deer dropped to the ground. Then promptly got up and ran off. Minus part of his rack, which I picked up. Went back to the range, shots all over the place. Would t hold zero or adjust. Sent it back in. They said they rebuilt the erector system. Great. Mounted it back on the gun and put the boresighter. Started twisting the elevation adjustment. Which promptly fell off in my hand. Sent and email with the photo of the elevation knob. They had me send it back on their dime. They repaired it. Again. I got it back and it's been flawless for over a decade, including repeatable adjustments up and down and sideways on both the .260 Rem barrel and an 18" .357 Max barrel. It's the only problem I've ever had with a Leupold and it wasn't enough to scare me off. I still own at least half a dozen that have been great. Most are zeroed and then never messed with. I have a VX-II with an M1 turret on a .260 Rem rifle that I twist regularly with zero problems.

To be clear, I've only owned VX6 and 6-HDs but it's been several and never an issue. I've dialed 3-850 yards and back to zero numerous times including dialing for group at 100 and 300 up and down between each shot. I've done box test with rifles that shoot in the 2-3s without issue. I've also killed 3 in the 5-550 range and 1 at 620.

I've also owned a few Vortex PST and IIs which have done very well to 600 yards. I still have a 3-15 and a 5-25. Yeah I said it, Vortex has done me well... 😉

My newest is a nf nx8 which has done me well in the short time I've owned it including a muely at 640.

MK4 M5A mounted on a 338 RUM. I travelled from Wyoming to Idaho to do some long range shooting with friends who wanted some experience in the sport.

Put my buddy on it at an 8" swinger, first shot is several feet low... "did you dial?"
"Yes, look" he says. Yep, elevation was dialed, erector didn't move. Double check set screws, good & tight.

Unless I get some crazy good deal, no more Leupold.

t

Do not dial my VX5 HD much,tried it to 550 then back down to 200 several times and mine did just fine,maybe I am lucky,but am happy with it.Keep mine on 200 about all the time for coyote calling.