Leupold CDS question

kimberyote

I have a 3-9 CDS with a turret for a 168 grain bullet in a 7mm rem mag. I had a hard time finding the 168's again and tried some 140's. The 140's happened shoot better.
Has anyone done this and just looked up the trajectory tables and do like I want to and just add/subtract from the original custom turret settings?
So the 300 yard turret setting for the 168's becomes 325 yards for the 140's. 550 yards becomes 575 yards etc.
Now, along with that, I shoot yotes in 'The People's Republic of Illinois' @ 550 foot elevation, and mule deer @ 7000 foot elevation. I have printed out the trajectory tables from my Bullet Flight app and taped it to my stock.
Sounds confusing I know, but to get different turrets for different elevations and bullets,(my yote load is a 100 sierra HP), there would be a cost factor involved.
Do you have a better idea that doesn't cost me $$$ ?? Thanks in advance.

You can mark it with tape and cover with clear tape.That got me threw a hard hunting season.The cds usually comes with blank moa cap , mark yourself with sharp tip tool ,foredome ,engraver.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.