Leupold CDS Question - Parallax Adj

Mike027

I noticed that the Leupold CDS offerings for the VX3 4.5-14 do not include a model with the parallax adjustment.

Does anyone know why that is?

I had always thought that parallax adjustment was considered to be a near necessity for when you get to that 14x level.

I could not find anything specific on their website about a fixed parallax adjustment on that particular scope.

Mike

Dont know. But I took a 2002 scope called a tactical and replace target type , w/cds liked the shorter. But it is harder to see in dim light.It has AO, MIL DOT.

Makes absolutely no sense to me, even on 12X; parallax and especially focus ability is necessary for precision shooting beyond 300 yds. What in the hell Leupold was thinking when they tried to design a 600 yd scope without side focus or parallax adjustment is totally beyond me. Swarovski also makes a 12X scope with no focus/parallax adjustment:rolleyes:

If I place any of my scopes (Zeiss, Huskemaw, Leupold, Sightron, Weaver or Nightforce) on 12X or more, they all need a separate/different focus setting for 400 yds than they do for 200 yds. I just don't see any way around it when we're using anything above about 9X. In fact, it used to be that we couldn't even find a scope above 3-9X that didn't have an AO.

FWIW, the Sightron I have is really picky. It's the 6-24 SIII LRMOA model. I currently only have it on 12X for calling coyotes, it's currently focused for 200 yds and less (same place the leupold cds scopes will be set at the factory) but when I have to shoot at 300 yds or further, I have to adjust the side focus or the target is blurry as hell. Only other solution is to turn down the power.

Sometimes I think these design engineers got their degrees from a box of Cracker Jacks!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.