Leupold CDS question

motown

I just recently purchased a 25-06 sendaro and am planning on putting a 6.5-20 vx3 long range 30mm on it. My question is that if i have the cds dial installed how far should i be able to reach out yardage wise with a 200 yard zero and a single turn of the turret? Im making this my varmint rig and plan on shooting a 85-90 grain bullet out of it so i should be somewhere around 3500fps.

the one i have is on a 300 ultra and i sent in data with a 200 yards zero and the dial goes up to 800 yards. I havent checked it out that far but shot two deer this fall one at 500 and the other at 450 that was using a 165 tsx at 3440 fps. and it was dead on.
I just recently purchased a 25-06 sendaro and am planning on putting a 6.5-20 vx3 long range 30mm on it. My question is that if i have the cds dial installed how far should i be able to reach out yardage wise with a 200 yard zero and a single turn of the turret? Im making this my varmint rig and plan on shooting a 85-90 grain bullet out of it so i should be somewhere around 3500fps.

Call custom shop and give them info and they should give answer,close to 800.You can print dial past and remove stop,which is small ear on dial.So you can go farther.

Or go to JBM ballistics and plug in load data. Most of mine top out around 700 yards or slightly less. If I want to go longer, I'd just put an M1 turret on that rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.