Leupold Bases Wish List?

Willys46

I have the pleasure of shooting with a bunch of guys form Leupold nearly every Tuesday night at a 600yrd fun shoot. One of the guys over there has started bring different employees with him to shoot.

This week I was shooting with product development guy for Bases. He was asking me what they are missing and I was going to pose the question to you guys. What would you like to see in their product line? Can't say anything will come of it but will pass on the information.

If you have any other things I can pass one let me know. It's nice to see some of them getting into the long-range shooting.

I saw the post on the Luepold bases about the 1/4 inch bases=15moa. They came out with that before the new guy took over. He said he would have pushed for a 20 moa.

Willys46

One piece Picatinny style bases built specifically for their MK4 rings, angled or not. I wouldn't think I'd have to buy my Leupold scope and MK4 rings and then go to NightForce, Farrell, etc. to get a one piece Picatinny base--one stop shopping, you know?

Not bases but throw it in just the same--reticles like NightForce's NP-R2.

I do not understand why Leupold has not done these things years ago. Probably some good reason from their perspective.

Here are my 2 cents:

I would like to see 2 piece 20 MOA standard bases availible for most rifles. The reason is that on some rifles a "tactical" type base is just not a fit (like my shiney blued M70 300 win.).

Or, if another option was to be able to get custom bases made in the custom shop...I would order a set today.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.