Lets talk SLINGS

I hate stretchy and grippy. My two primary hunting/walking guns have Ching slings. Otherwise, I use leather military style slings. They adjust quickly and work for shouldering or a hasty sling. Last I looked both are available at Brownells.

"Another brand of good, simple slings are the Slogan Outdoors offerings. They are good and comfy with a little give, no slip, and won't retain water because they are rubber. Super annoying to try and adjust the length on, its kind of a set and forget option IMHO."
The ONLY sling I'll use anymore. I've dropped guns with almost everything else. The "backpack" feature is worth it's weight in gold. The above is JMPO.

my 2 cents
I picked up a MagPul MS1 and tried the different connections (clips, QD) for an AR. Intent/need was for a good sling for a run-and-gun event but also general use. I really like it, simple and efficient, good quality. Far and above anything else I have used on an AR and that got me to thinking about my bolt gun slings. I have a few leather and nylon slings for my bolt guns but I am going to get the MS1 due to fast, easy, and strong/secure adjustment with that "slider." I will also look harder at the RLS.

Slings, like most everything, come down to personal preference, need/want, comfort for YOU so I say try a few, maybe borrow buddies slings?

Another vote for the Safari Sling for front carry. Lots of days working in the Alaskan wilderness where I needed hands free but a rifle ready. Easy to carry in front with muzzle towards ground but very quick to put into action when needed

My regular hunting slings are mostly the Quake Industry Claw sling. Nice rubbery sling stretches and does not slip off shoulder.

I have a Gun Bearer by Kifaru and also I have a sling from Slogan Outdoors that is awesome.

I picked up a MagPul MS1 and tried the different connections (clips, QD) for an AR. Intent/need was for a good sling for a run-and-gun event but also general use. I really like it, simple and efficient, good quality. Far and above anything else I have used on an AR and that got me to thinking about my bolt gun slings. I have a few leather and nylon slings for my bolt guns but I am going to get the MS1 due to fast, easy, and strong/secure adjustment with that "slider." I will also look harder at the RLS.

Slings, like most everything, come down to personal preference, need/want, comfort for YOU so I say try a few, maybe borrow buddies slings?
If you like the MS1 have a look at the Blue Force Gear Vickers that I linked earlier in the thread. I think it's more of an MS1 than the MS1 is.

I ski, snowshoe, and bike (also walk upright) with this:
Most comfortable and usable sling. Fast on and off and mine has a cuff. Takes a little work to adjust it right but once you have it just right for you you will never look back. I use the flush cups but it can accommodate any attachment system with the accessories TAB GEAR sells..
Oh! I'm in my 7th decade of life and use a "real" Biathlon Sling for my Anschütz 1827 Fortner Action for racing.

I'm no backpacker, but I do a lot of walking around during PA's rifle season. I've only used cheap Wal Mart slings, but I want something with lots of adjustability that doesn't slip on the shoulder. I want this on for my long rifles (.270 and 6.5 Swede).

I also have a little, compact Ruger in 350 Legend for hunting down in he Southeast part of the state. For this, I'd like a tactical style sling that I can shoulder the rifle while wearing it. Looking for any recommendations. Quality and functionality are more important that price. TIA.
I have used the "CLAW" which has a rubber type material for your shoulder area and holds well when rifle is slung.
About 20 years ago I bought an all rubber sling. The person that invented it had videos on TV back then and you could use it with rifle slung or wrapped around you left shooting arm for off hand. It is a very good sling and the rubber stretches' and sticks to you. I can't remember the name and just pulled it out to see any labeling and there is no name on it. It is a really good sling. I keep on on my home defense 12 gauge. Also have one for my Deer rifles.

I have used the "CLAW" which has a rubber type material for your shoulder area and holds well when rifle is slung.
About 20 years ago I bought an all rubber sling. The person that invented it had videos on TV back then and you could use it with rifle slung or wrapped around you left shooting arm for off hand. It is a very good sling and the rubber stretches' and sticks to you. I can't remember the name and just pulled it out to see any labeling and there is no name on it. It is a really good sling. I keep on on my home defense 12 gauge. Also have one for my Deer rifles.
Sloganoutdoors.com makes it. See the link above I posted. Called the Ultraflex sling.