Lets talk SLINGS

megastink

I'm no backpacker, but I do a lot of walking around during PA's rifle season. I've only used cheap Wal Mart slings, but I want something with lots of adjustability that doesn't slip on the shoulder. I want this on for my long rifles (.270 and 6.5 Swede).

I also have a little, compact Ruger in 350 Legend for hunting down in he Southeast part of the state. For this, I'd like a tactical style sling that I can shoulder the rifle while wearing it. Looking for any recommendations. Quality and functionality are more important that price. TIA.

Lot of adjustment that doesn't slip off the shoulder, I would say go with the Spec-Ops Master Blaster Sticky-Back Sling (ridiculous name but a good sling) for padding, non slip, adjustable, and a little bit of bungee give when walking.

Another brand of good, simple slings are the Slogan Outdoors offerings. They are good and comfy with a little give, no slip, and won't retain water because they are rubber. Super annoying to try and adjust the length on, its kind of a set and forget option IMHO.

Not sure what exactly you are looking for with a "tactical style" sling. Armageddon Gear and TAB Gear both come to mind. Blue Force Gear is my go to for any kind of AR or carbine, but not really a bolt gun.

Thinking about a double shoulder (both) biathlon sling for my heavy 10 pound plus rifles. I might use fat tire bike wheels to made into some type of cart.

Thinking about a double shoulder (both) biathlon sling for my heavy 10 pound plus rifles. I might use fat tire bike wheels to made into some type of cart.
6a00e5504a65868833014e884cd34b970d.jpg

Just get her to wheel it up for ya. Ha ha

the Spec-Ops Master Blaster Sticky-Back Sling (ridiculous name but a good sling) for padding, non slip, adjustable, and a little bit of bungee give when walking.
My dad uses this and loves it….after 5ish years, he still swears by it and his next would be the same. He is a traditional small pack, barrel up on his back rifle carrier.

On the other hand, I carry a bit more of a pack and a heavier rifle. I carry muzzle down and taped. My sling is:

It carries very well. Quick on/off. Can use as a hasty or as a cuff sling. Also, it is quiet. I get so mad at fancy slings because they are usually too loud….literally a one man band walking through the woods! I literally returned 5 slings to find this one!

I have a custom 300 win mag and the sling rings are on the side of the front and rear stock. Someone told me that this takes a different type of sling. Any suggestions?

I don't pack a rifle like some of you do, so maybe my input isn't as valuable, but I've come to really like both the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling and the Magpul MS1 padded sling. Both are not shiny, are soft and supple, and don't make noise! I think that I like the BFG Vickers better, but it is almost twice the price of the Magpul.

Side located sling mounts shouldn't require a different kind of sling, but if they are the pocket style instead of the stud style they will need a different kind of swivel. An example of the swivel needed for the pocket style of mount: https://www.blueforcegear.com/push-button-sling-swivel.html Those alone are a rabbit hole!