Lets Discuss “Range Etiquette” for a moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you need to get your own range, then you wouldn't have no worries. Just because you have a can, you think everyone has one. Put ear plugs in. The people that come there to shoot needs to bring some cheese for you with all your whining

I know it bro, some where down deep inside of these haters is guilt because they themselves have broken one of the 6 sacred range etiquette rules. Or they are those guys that bring a bunch of guns to the range set them up all pretty and not a **** one of them gets shot because they go busy talking.

It amazes me that someone would go to a shooting range and not expect to wear hearing protection. I once had a guy who was shooting a 22 LR complain about my 44 mag pistol being too loud and rudely told me to let him know every time I was going to fire so he could cover his ears. I told him I wasn't going to do that to go rent some hearing protection.

Sounds like you need to get your own range, then you wouldn't have no worries. Just because you have a can, you think everyone has one. Put ear plugs in. The people that come there to shoot needs to bring some cheese for you with all your whining
Oh I forgot to say thank u for all your insight and congrats on your 25th post!

I know it bro, some where down deep inside of these haters is guilt because they themselves have broken one of the 6 sacred range etiquette rules. Or they are those guys that bring a bunch of guns to the range set them up all pretty and not a ---- one of them gets shot because they go busy talking.
Guilty as charged....at this very moment....

But I am shooting.....200 yards....doing load work up for my daughter's 6.5SLR....

I gotta tell a range story real quick.
The rifle range I am a member of is covered concrete pad and 6 or 8 nice benches. On the day this occurred all were full except one. A guy (long time member) that had to be in his upper 80s if not 90s pulls up. He makes his way over to me and asks if I'll put his target up at 100 yards. I say sure. He then opens his trunk and points to a plow disk the size of captain America's shield and says there it is and thanks. He even had it rigged up to hang from a screw in bow hanger. Most everyone at the range picked up on my conflicting decision to tell him this isn't supposed to be mounted on the paper target frame. The main issue is he can't hear worth a crap and explaining anything to the old fellow is difficult. So I put it up and helped him sight it in before moving to 100 yards.
It was hilarious to hear how quickly everyone was trying to get their groups shot before he moved to 100.
Sure enough once he moved to 100 that egg shaped disc splattered all the paper targets around it with lead.
Overall everyone was aggravated but stayed calm and didn't say a thing. I was proud we showed restrain for an elderly fella who had a great time for sure and never noticed the decimation to everyone else's targets because he can't see worth a crap either!

Yeah man. Of all the people who is anti social I am not one of them and saying I don't want to help no one well that is insane. Take a little gander in the just the last few weeks on posts I have started to simply help out new reloaders. I love helping people get into the sport all I am saying there is a time and a place and when a guy is behind a rifle is not that time. And stupid comments on hearing protection. Come on I know to have hearing protection however when I am all by myself with cans well duh I am not wearing them. Just saying when there is an open range with 30 stations don't come post up beside me and pelt me with brass or post up beside me with your muzzle brake, u all know that sucks. Again these are scenarios as mentioned in a wide open range not one that is full. Hence the name "Range Etiquette"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts