Proud dad moment

TC338

My 7y/o was able to take his first deer last night, and a nice 6 point on top of that. My season has been made and after his reaction last night I think I've got a new hunting buddy for life!!!! He used my ar-15 shooting a 62g federal factory load. We put a cabelas brand 1-6 scope on it for him and I was extremely impressed with the glass quality for such an inexpensive scope. Rifle was mounted on a predator tactics tripod.
Sorry about the blacked out photo, we don't put our sons face online. 518F0560-76CB-4ED2-876E-78B38FE7454B.jpegD8FA1AA4-DD5A-4226-B5CD-8FD716EADFFF.jpegA4C5845F-AD78-443A-AB6C-20D52A5E15C5.jpeg

That is awesome! Congrats to both of you.

My daughter used a similar set-up on her first deer at about a the same age. I was more excited about that deer, a doe, than I was with my bighorn.
I don't think I've ever been more excited. Nothing like watching your child succeed at something they have been wanting for a while.

My 7y/o was able to take his first deer last night, and a nice 6 point on top of that. My season has been made and after his reaction last night I think I've got a new hunting buddy for life!!!! He used my ar-15 shooting a 62g federal factory load. We put a cabelas brand 1-6 scope on it for him and I was extremely impressed with the glass quality for such an inexpensive scope. Rifle was mounted on a predator tactics tripod.
Sorry about the blacked out photo, we don't put our sons face online. View attachment 304371View attachment 304372View attachment 304373
This is why we do what we do, Congrats to the both of you

Sorry about the blacked out photo, we don't put our sons face online. View attachment 304371View attachment 304372View attachment 304373
OUTSTANDING!! Congratulations to you All! Proud Dad moment... doing it right!! Kudos!!