Let’s play Long-ish range shooting monthly Challenge

I bet you know when you pull the trigger on the 375 with no brake

Yes sir! Not bad at all from field positions…..when shooting from the bench I use a PAST recoil shield! At one time I didn't use the "shield", but the decades are catching up with me…..turning into a "Wuss"!

I did discover, actually not surprised, I really need to do "A LOT" more offhand shooting with my Ruger 77/22. It pretty closely replicates the feel of my hunting rifle…..minus the recoil! 😂 memtb

Last edited:
Let's make a thread starting with A different Cold bore shot each month, example January 1 shot cold bore free standing 100 yards next month we will pick a different yardage and position
( current and not old pics )

Not many rules just be honest and shoot 1 shot cold bore in stated position , state weather conditions , rifles specs and cartridge and load data, shoot and post as many cartridges and rifles as you would like. NO BENCHES ,FIELD POSITIONS ONLY which will be selected monthly and will include bipod , tripod , lay down , no practise shots.
PLEASE MEASURE DISTANCE FROM POINT OF AIM TO IMPACT with each rifle you choose to enter so we can pick a winner each month.
Unfortunately due to weather conditions I can not post pictures first because it's cold AF up here in Canada as well as many other places. Just post as you can and we will gain 100 yards each month till we reach a desired Distance you guys decide on !!

Don't make me play this by myself🤣
This is awesome and I'm in. My daughter who's 13 is also excited to participate. Let's have fun with this and toss our egos to the wind and have some good old fashion fun. We're going down tomorrow after church and will post our humbled results.

Copy that !! Hopefully you'll be able to get your shot down in February 🤞

Also question for everyone , I was thinking that I'm not going to keep track of all shots.
DDman is the leader so far so I won't bother till someone beats or ties 7/8".

That ain't likely to happen…..Hell, Tubbs would be happy with that shot! memtb

Last edited:
This is awesome and I'm in. My daughter who's 13 is also excited to participate. Let's have fun with this and toss our egos to the wind and have some good old fashion fun. We're going down tomorrow after church and will post our humbled results.
I think that's great that your daughter is going to join. Kids these days need more of that 👍
I can't wait to see the results

100 yards standing free hand 12 lb rifle not sighted in for a suppressor but I ran it any way knowing thins rifle is pretty consistent for suprressed to non. Looks like I'm the first one in. First shot was right then corrected as best I could and sent the next two, total distance to the first one is 1.86 right and .79 low next two are 1.56 low. Total group size outside to outside is 2.1695 on my calipers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 41
Len,
good luck with operation ,i had cervical spine op couple yrs ago . It fixed the main issue but left me with some limitations , but i would do it again for sure.

as far as this fun challenge , im in , i shoot a few times a wk.
i dont shoot enough precision rifle off hand , most my off hand is pistol cal carbine for speed , close targets . Steel challenge and drills .

i think the shooting will be the easy part for ME as posting a picture here will be the big challenge , i'm long in the tooth
without much desire for the new apps and such ,
my biggest question to u all is , why is there 50 buttons on a tv remote ?

glad i didnt find this thread couple days ago , it was -20 here then.

They need to add a position: out the pickup window 😄
My advantage seeing as I am a Lefty 😃
It's funny you say that. My daughter and I sat in the truck last Sunday afternoon and I shot a swamp donkey doe at 326yds propped between the mirror and the truck with 2 minutes left of legal shooting time on the last day of season. Ive never done that before, but when we left the house heading down to the property, I told her that this isn't a hunting adventure, it a killing mission. I love it when a plan comes together. Jerky and dog treats she made and we're thankful!

Attachments

• IMG_3682.png
    IMG_3682.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3683.jpeg
    IMG_3683.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
100 yards standing free hand 12 lb rifle not sighted in for a suppressor but I ran it any way knowing thins rifle is pretty consistent for suprressed to non. Looks like I'm the first one in. First shot was right then corrected as best I could and sent the next two, total distance to the first one is 1.86 right and .79 low next two are 1.56 low. Total group size outside to outside is 2.1695 on my calipers
Sorry Bsnyder, for the confusion if you read the original post and a few posts after that while we were getting the challenge sorted out.
This challenge is 1 shot cold bore no practise shots free standing 100 yards.
I can still enter you if you know which shot was first take that measurement
So far DDman is in first with 7/8" Measurement for his shot.
I'm sorry again for the confusion February will be more organized.