Len's Recent Trip To Yellowstone and The Big Horns

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
In the May Newsletter I mentioned that I was heading out to WY -- again. I can't seem to stay away for more than a month!

While my photography in Yellowstone was not nearly as good as last year, I did manage to get a few shots there and in the Big Horns that you may enjoy seeing.

Grizzly sow and 2 cubs.

9615-post.jpg

9621-post.jpg

9609-post.jpg

9665-post.jpg

Morning fog.

9646-post.jpg

9594-post.jpg

Last edited:
And these were from the Big Horns

3749-post.jpg

3760-post.jpg

3776-post.jpg

Have you ever seen a moose jump a fence?

3780-post.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, never saw a moose jump a fence...but I have now:). Thanks for sharing the pics.

Awesome pics! When were these taken? looks like the moose in the first Wyoming picture is just starting to re-grow his antlers. Makes me miss living in Montana again.

There was a strange story yesterday of an incident just outside the park where a bear was trapped, sedated and tagged and left laying to recover on its own and somehow a local resident wandered upon it and got killed.

That moose jumping the fence is pretty cool. That didn't happen to be the fence along HWY 14 up at Burgess Junction did it, if not it sure looks like it. Great pics Len. Gotta love that country up there!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.