Yellowstone Lake

Sendero_Man

Got this shot last Sept. Took the kids thru the park....

Yellowstone_lake.jpg

Canon 20D
17-85 IS USM
Bogen tripod

Last edited:
I want to photograph elk this fall. Location choices are between Rocky Mountain National Park and Yellowstone I have heard from a fellow who leads photo tours in Yellowstone that last fall was the poorest showing of elk numbers in the 15 years he has been leading photo tours there. Do you guys have an opinion on his statement?

do i have an opinion on his statement?

Do I Have an Opinion on His Statement?

DO I HAVE AN OPINION ON HIS STATEMENT?

DO I HAVE AN OPINION ON HIS STATEMENT?

HELL NO! I DON'T HAVE AN OPINION ON HIS STATEMENT!!!;)

SSS

When they brought back the grizzly it was bad enough but
as long as you aint hunting around them they aint much of a problem,
The wolf on the other hand is making it harder to find something to hunt!
Elk for some reason dont interest me much but Moose on the other hand facinate me.
Going to Jackson hole for my annual moose and scenery pic sesion on the 12th.
If I dont get any moose pics I'll have more than opinion!

Len ... go to RMNP.

Yellowstone is a shell of what it was. I went to MSU in Bozeman and would be in the park every spare moment to photograph. This was in the late 80's and early 90's. Elk were abundant. PRE-WOLF...

Now they are virtually non-existant. I saw a total of 15 elk in a 3 day trip thru the park... YES, 15.

The population is desamated by the wolves. Moose are gone, antelope are gone.... My good friend Don Laubach, of E.L.K. INC in Gardiner has seen the change first hand out his store front and has some amazing footage and stills of the kills....

Save your time and frustration.... Go to RMNP.

The only thing you'll see in Wolfstone is ... well you get the picture.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts