Leica Rangefinder Binoculars

cactusjack

I currently have a 10 year old pair of Swarovski 10 x 42 RF binos which I use for western/mountain hunting but I've been thinking about an upgrade to something that provides ballistic information. The new Leica Geovid Pro 10 x 32 looks intriguing. I wish the Leica Geovid 3200.com 10 x 42 came with the same features! What is your opinion concerning the differences between the two?

In for info! I am in the same position as you. I want to purchase a pair of alpha glass with range finding and ballistics for the upcoming season. I was looking hard at the 3200.com but really like upgraded features of the new pro. Ideally I want to stay in a full size set of 42's. I am wondering if Leica has any plans to upgrade the 3200.com to support the ballistic features of the new pro series?

This probably doesn't help any one much. But I recently purchased a pair of the leica 3200.com. I've been playing with them some off and on for the last couple months. Haven't got them totally figured out. About as far as I've ranged with them is approx 2500 yards. Have a pair of swarovski 10x42 slc hd and older pair of 10x30 zeiss victory. Both the leica and swarovski are much clearer than the zeiss. The leica and swarovski are pretty close but when you spend enough time behind each pair looking at the same things on the same day (so conditions are identical) to me the leica are a little bit better. Can see a little more detail. I was little surprised at the optical quality of the leica. Of course this was my eyes and the next person might have different opinions. Like I said probably doesn't help any one much. Good luck with your searches and hunt safe.

I received the 8x32 Geovid Pro last week. The interface in the bino and app is stupid simple. They're roughly the same size as the Vortex Fury AB. Glass is not as good as the 8x32 EL which I've had for years but it's better than the Fury. My buddies with the 3200.com's love the glass but hate the interface. Word is that 42mm Pros are in the works.

I like 8's since I can hand hold those steady for a longer time. I like the larger FOV for wide open prairie. I have 12 UHD and the FOV is just too small.

I've run a Leica 3200 for over a year and love them. The program is basic but it works very very well. It could be better but it is what it is. You can pair the kestrel if that is ultra important but I have a lot of faith in the dial up as I use that data every week when shooting. I don't care about wind solutions or aj etc as I can and do account for that in other ways (use my brain) and have piled a lot of yotes and wolves up with basic program. You just have to know more than just pressing a button is my point and it's a down fall of the Leica program to a degree. The other downfall is solutions are good to 1k without pairing the kestrel. For that I switch to my app or pair to kestrel. It's ok, not preferred. I've ranged to 3500 yards. Mostly it's super faster and easy on anything sub 2700.

I've not played with the new pro but I'm not a fan of the smaller objective for fov for glassing. I'm on the fence about this still. Good glass and smaller objective isn't always a hindrance but it really depends on how much time you spend glassing. Little time, no issue. A lot of time, def can be.

I recently received my 10x32 geovid pros, and I still have my 10x42 3200.com geovids so I have used them side by side. You give up an almost immeasurable amount of light right at too dark to shoot times with the 10x32. That's it, everything about them otherwise is better than the 10x42's. I do know that a software upgrade for the 3200.coms is on the way and a new app for them that will upgrade their functions a bit.

I recently received my 10x32 geovid pros, and I still have my 10x42 3200.com geovids so I have used them side by side. You give up an almost immeasurable amount of light right at too dark to shoot times with the 10x32. That's it, everything about them otherwise is better than the 10x42's. I do know that a software upgrade for the 3200.coms is on the way and a new app for them that will upgrade their functions a bit.
Any idea if those updates/app will apply to the compact range finders, the 2800.COM?

From what I see regarding the field of view you don't give up anything with the new pro's

10x42 3200.com
Field of view at 1,000 yds / 1,000 m342 ft. / 114 m

10x32 Pro
  • Field of view at 1.000yds / 1000m: 345 ft. / 115 m
Saw that too. Interesting. Noticed the twilight factor is 17.9 vs 20.5. Hmmmm might have to give them a run through and see how they do.