Leica geovid hd-b 10x42 or sig 2400

The Leicas are tougher made binoc, and prefer their ceramic focus disk, as it performs flawlessly in all conditions. I have a pair of 12x50's of the Geovids.
All in all, I prefer Leica.

I just got a pair of the hd-b 3000's on Sunday. The glass is amazing, and they have a great feel to them. They fill a lot of needs in single piece of equipment. I need to do some studying to learn how to use the ballistic features. I can't wait to get them out in the field.

No issue in cold weather for me and I'm 400 miles from Canada. You need to let them cold soak in the outside temp so that the ballistic input is accurate. You can't just take them off the dash of your warm truck and go outside and range something.

I left the truck at 5 below this last year on a elk hunt with them on my chest on a open sxs no problems with snow blowing. I agree form truck to instant cold to range probably wont work but I dont know about that as I would range from the window of my comfy truck in that situation. lol

I left the truck at 5 below this last year on a elk hunt with them on my chest on a open sxs no problems with snow blowing. I agree form truck to instant cold to range probably wont work but I dont know about that as I would range from the window of my comfy truck in that situation. lol
Mine are great in all temps but in a chest harness the do get some body heat and this will cause the temp in the Binoes to be off about 25 degrees when it's cold this shouldn't bother most people just remember this if it's a super long shot other than that. Buy a pair you will be happy

Mine are great in all temps but in a chest harness the do get some body heat and this will cause the temp in the Binoes to be off about 25 degrees when it's cold this shouldn't bother most people just remember this if it's a super long shot other than that. Buy a pair you will be happy

I just purchased a pair of Leica Geovid HD-B 3000. They will not range in cold weather. I was told it is a bad solder joint from Portugal. I sent them back and let you know what they say.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts