Leica Geovid or Swarovski SLC 10x42?

Josh,
Make sure you spend a bit of time playing with the ELs to ensure you don't get rolling ball. My hunting partner gets it so bad he despises my ELs.
J.Pond,
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if anywhere in Bakersfield has them to test out first. That would suck to spend that much on something and get sea sick looking through them lol!! Does he have the SLC?

J.Pond,
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if anywhere in Bakersfield has them to test out first. That would suck to spend that much on something and get sea sick looking through them lol!! Does he have the SLC?

Yes he does. He loves them. I'm sure I'd love the SLC too. I just happened to luck out on a pair of ELs.

I am a Swaro guy. But I just recently bought a pair of Lecia 2200 HD-B for my daughter. I got them as demo's from Camera Land for $1499 shipped. Camera Land and SWFA both told me that the Swaro's 10x42 EL's were better glass than the Lecia 2200 HD-B. But I bought the Lecia's because of price only for my daughter. She and I like my Swaro's better. My Swaro's are 8.5x42 EL's HD.

I also did this and have Swaro's for comparison. The Swaros are better, but the difference is too minor to argue about.

I tried them all extensively before buying my Swaro EL 10x42s. As stated, they are all so close, let your eyes pick. For me it came down to the SLC and ELs. Fortunately for me, budget wasn't a concern at the time. After spending a lot of time behind them both, I chose the ELs. The ELs were so worth the extra money over the SLC. They just really work good for me. Good luck!

I also did this and have Swaro's for comparison. The Swaros are better, but the difference is too minor to argue about.

I should mention that I have both the 8 & 10x Leica rangefinder bino's and a number of Swaro's.....yes it's an addiction ;-) You really need to try and if possible spend some time with them to see how they work for you. Ignore the cost, go with what works best for you. My favorite pair of bino's is still my old Vortex Fury 6.5x30's, but next up is the Swaro 8x32 EL's. Let your eyes tell you.

I should mention that I have both the 8 & 10x Leica rangefinder bino's and a number of Swaro's.....yes it's an addiction ;-) You really need to try and if possible spend some time with them to see how they work for you. Ignore the cost, go with what works best for you. My favorite pair of bino's is still my old Vortex Fury 6.5x30's, but next up is the Swaro 8x32 EL's. Let your eyes tell you.
Thanks for your input. I went with the slc as they had some in the LRH store for $1399(demo). Unfortunately where I live there's not really a place to try out top tier glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.