Leica 1600 B range finder question

6x47lapua

I have this unit and it works well. However I need to learn one of the functions and the book isn't clear. After rNging something, I can press the secondary button and it will give the angle of the target. For example, it might say -20 degrees angle. Now if I'm shooting at 600 yards and the angle is -20 downhill, I need to know the correct compensation so I can look at my drop chart and click appropriately. Example, at 600 yards straight line my clicks are at 9 inches. But if it's -20 angle down hill, then maybe I should only click 8 inches. Right now after I range and then press the secondary button it tells me the angle, the temperature and the atmospheric pressure. All I really need to know is the compensation for that angle.
I cannot figure out how to get the unit to tell me this. There are so many functions that doing something simple like this difficult.
Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat. Need to spend time and figure it out. I've just been getting the range and punching it into my app with everything else. I just got the geovids this week so I hope they are very similar cause I much prefer the small 1600b for most range work.

Instead of having the rangfinder show you the angle, change the setting to show you the equivalent horizontal range. If the item is 600 yards away with a 20* slope it will read 450 or whatever. Then you just dial or hold for 450 and are accurate to the item with the range and slope figured in.

I have this unit and it works well. However I need to learn one of the functions and the book isn't clear. After rNging something, I can press the secondary button and it will give the angle of the target. For example, it might say -20 degrees angle. Now if I'm shooting at 600 yards and the angle is -20 downhill, I need to know the correct compensation so I can look at my drop chart and click appropriately. Example, at 600 yards straight line my clicks are at 9 inches. But if it's -20 angle down hill, then maybe I should only click 8 inches. Right now after I range and then press the secondary button it tells me the angle, the temperature and the atmospheric pressure. All I really need to know is the compensation for that angle.
I cannot figure out how to get the unit to tell me this. There are so many functions that doing something simple like this difficult.
Any advice would be appreciated.

In order for the 1600B to spit out an adjusted horizontal range you have to choose one of the built in ballistic curves. If you can find one that fits your rifle you are good to go. The manual explains how to do this. None of them fit any of my loads so I just use the slope degree and enter that into Shooter that I have loaded on a beater phone that I use while hunting. I don't understand why Lecia did not build this finder so one could load the ballistic curve that fits the rifle. Bet they do that or maybe have already!

Love my 1600B. kcebcj you are right the ballistics are trash. They don't match anything I have or know of. Therefore get the range and angle and plug them in. I don't know about them changing it where you can load your curve. I think the Germans think they know what we need better than we do.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.