• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Left handed women...Geez. looking for rifle

So there I was all happy, able to spend my money on just me..:)
Then I met her.. She's a lefty (of course) and wants to hunt with me (of course)
Does anybody have (or know of) a rifle, 6.5? that fits the bill?
I researched and found Savage makes an Accufit Storm in LH, but can't find one to even look at..
No Idea if any custom builders do this. I can't go wild on cost as a Handgun, shotgun are also needed (of course) Thanks.
Find an action and build her one that fits her correctly. I built tthis one on a M700 action. Stock was made based on her measurements.
upload_2020-1-10_8-52-55.jpeg

I didn't take time to read all the replies, so someone might have mentioned this, but did you check to see if she is left eye dominate? My daughter is left handed but right eye dominate, & shoots right handed ! You might check this out before you buy a left hand rifle.

Then I met her.. She's a lefty (of course) and wants to hunt with me (of course)
I researched and found Savage makes an Accufit Storm in LH, but can't find one to even look at..
No Idea if any custom builders do this. I can't go wild on cost as a Handgun, shotgun are also needed (of course) Thanks.
Ruger American Predator also comes in LH.

Cohunt beat me to some of the suggestions.
Tikka is my first suggestion always.
Savage 110 series are great guns, I have had many over the years.
Remington has many lefty guns.
Bergara has left handed HMR rifles. I have yet to hear anything bad about them.. I just have never held one.
CZ, a wonderful rifle, has left handed rifles.

Nobama, look at Weatherby Camilla, made by women for women. I think they now make a lefty version of their rifle that ladies love. I know they chamber in 6.5 CM, but I think 7mm-08 is a better all around rifle cartridge...just me. They previously didn't make lefties but I think I saw a thread on line somewhere they just started.

I'm a lefty.#1,Take her for 2 mile hike ,have her sling a rh bolt gun on her left shoulder,see if the bolt keeps poking her in the hip.Some remingtons ,safety doesn't lock bolt. I've done this with my rh 25-06 slung on my left shoulder,bolt gets caught on clothing, bolt comes open shell on ground,hope the bolt catch doesn't stick,then bolt on ground.Go lh ,look at 7-08 in tikka or short throw x bolt,light vari 3 leupold,don't over scope.

Nobama, look at Weatherby Camilla, made by women for women. I think they now make a lefty version of their rifle that ladies love. I know they chamber in 6.5 CM, but I think 7mm-08 is a better all around rifle cartridge...just me. They previously didn't make lefties but I think I saw a thread on line somewhere they just started.
I called Weatherby. They said no on the LH version yet. I've seen the RH Camilla, nice set up for women.
I never thought about the bolt opening.. I carry muzzle down on my left side, muzzle up on the right.

Savage makes model called Ladyhunter but do not know about left-hand.