• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Left handed women...Geez. looking for rifle

You might try an Encore. I was 45 or so before I could afford a left handed gun. I never got used to it, and finally sold it. I hike the mountains, and am getitng old, so I was looking for a light weight gun. I settled on a right handed Browning Titanium in 7mm WSM. The tang safety makes it work for me. I shoot Berger 168gr and they won't feed, so it is essentially a single shot. I fill the mag with Barnes bullets that will feed. Used it once when a mountain lion was getting too interested in me cleaning my deer. I've had the safety on a RH Remington flip off, and something catch on the trigger to blow a round off right next to my left ear. I'll never buy anything but a tang safety. I'm right handed and left eyed. I was taught to shoot (from 5 years old) left handed, but I was never a good shot until I shot pistols with my right hand. It took decades to learn to shoot well with my left hand.

You can always buy a left-handed action Savage then go with the Boyd's all in one stock for left-handed action now you got one the length of pull it 12 and 1/2 adjustable of to14 and 1/4. this one is in a right-handed action I've got with a Vortex scope Talley mounts and the stock right around 675to 700

Attachments

• 20191202_194314.jpg
    20191202_194314.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 29
So there I was all happy, able to spend my money on just me..:)
Then I met her.. She's a lefty (of course) and wants to hunt with me (of course)
Does anybody have (or know of) a rifle, 6.5? that fits the bill?
I researched and found Savage makes an Accufit Storm in LH, but can't find one to even look at..
No Idea if any custom builders do this. I can't go wild on cost as a Handgun, shotgun are also needed (of course) Thanks.
You can get Remington and weatherby vanguard in left hand

Take her pig hunting in Texas with an AR....if she passes that test then invest in a bolt gun for her. Woman will tell you that they want to do something like hunting/fishing until you actual take them hunting/fishing and then have a change of attitude about it when the **** gets real....aka....pulling the trigger on a live breathing creature and or gutting one!

It ain't trickin' if ya got it but why go all in if you don't have to!?!?

I know Savage, Browning, Tikka and Weatherby all have LH offerings, probably a few more besides. I also know Weatherby do a ladies range, presumably including LH versions. Good luck, I'm sure you will find something that fits the bill perfectly in time.

FWIW, I got my young son (7, small for his size) a LH Ruger FTW Hawkeye in 6.5 CM. Adjustable LOP, muzzlebrake (also with weighted and unweighted end caps if brake not desired), laminated stock, etc.
Rifle is working out great for him - seamless transition from Savage Rascal 22LR, negligible recoil, no flinching, etc.
Triad Tactical LH stock pack to elevate his cheek weld.
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP scope on it (about $350).
Rifle alone runs about $1k, but he should be able to use it for a long time.
So far, so good.

my friends had a left hand remington 700 in 6.5 creedmoor built for me because i had a stroke.wilson barrel hs precision stock cerrocote stainless and trigger adjusted nice rifle,shoots my reloads great 1000.00 thanks