Left hand actions

tribb

Trying to build a left hand 243win for my son.. (he is grown ) Build it reasonably light. Like to use a profit barrel. Barrel nut Need advice on actions stainless would be nice but not necessary. I'm considering a barrel in the 22" range? So it's still manageable with suppressor attached ! I'll start a thread in the classified wanted to buy left hand action. Thank you for looking and your advice. Merry Christmas Tribb

A left hand Tikka would work. Tikka is now making a left hand 243 with a threaded barrel but the barrel is 24.3". 8 twist though.

Edit: Oops, my bad - that is the 6.5 CM. I'm not sure about a LH 243. The Tikka action would be a good one to start with though as you can get pre-fit barrels for Tikkas.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^

If this was my son, this where I would start. (and I'm not a Tikka fan...) $799

Tikka T3x Lite LH .243 Win SS SYN 22.4" 1:8" Bbl Rifle JRTXB415
1703341422154.png

If you're going to build a 243 Win. I would consider a shorter barrel than 22" with a suppressor.....unless you're only going to hunt on the open prairie most rifle suppressors are 7"-8" added to a 22" barrel thats l o n g if you get in to the timber.....
I have a 243 Win. with a 22" barrel that is only used for Deer Control shooting this coming spring its getting chopped off at 18" I can live with some velocity loss.....

Tikka is a very nice production gun at a reasonable price plus the 1:8" twist you can shoot some heaver bullets in it.....