Lee Hand press

shooter7

Has anyone here used the lee portable hand press? If so, was it a solid piece of eqipment? Would you have something to recommend besides it?

I took a new job this year and it's required me to be on the road, away from my reloading bench for the past 6 months and it's looking like probably another 4. I have my 260rem with me but finding good factory ammo is tough so I'm looking to piece together a portable reloading system just so I have a hobby on the road.

I like them! They're inexpensive enough to have several and each can become a "stage", kinda like a poor man's progressive press. They also load good straight ammo. I'd definitely recommend them over factory ammo any day.
Good luck!

I went to a long range shooting school last May. I ran out of time and didn't get all my ammo loaded. I loaded 100+ rounds in my motel room the first night with my lee hand press and they performed as well as those I had loaded with my bench press.
I like it because it works well and be used anywhere. When testing seating depth you can seat your rounds long and then seat them to whatever length you want at the range.

That hand press is a dandy! I work a great deal on the road and it goes everywhere with me. I've loaded everything from 338 edge to 22 hornet. I have 2 just in case! Cant beat it for mobility and it just simply works...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.