leaving in 3 weeks and my new sako won't shoot worth a S$%T!

mmiedema

leaving in 3 weeks and my new sako won\'t shoot worth a S$%T!

Somebody help!! I am going to british columbia in 3 weeks and I have been tying to get my new sako dialed in but it is just not shooting well at all. I is a finnlight in 300 wsm with a zeiss 3.5 to 10 on it. The part that really burns me is that Sako guarantees their guns to shoot an inch at 100 yards but mine is more like 4 inches. I know that I can send it back to beretta and they will fix it but then I won't have it for my hunt. Does anyone out there have any ideas on what I can try to get this dumb thing to shoot? OH yea, I already had a gunsmith recrown the barrel just in case that was it but I still didn't get the results I was hoping for. I have also tried every factory loaded 180 grain bullet avalible. Need some wisdom here Please. Thanks

Re: leaving in 3 weeks and my new sako won\'t shoot worth a S$%T!

May want to go over to www.shortmag.org. Have you tried other than 180gr bullets? Change scopes? I'm sure you checks mounts and action screws. I had a t3 same barrel as the sako and mine like 165 gr. Good luck.

Try a different bullet weight.

i have a 300 wsm as well and my gun was laser bore sighted and when the guy was done with it he gaurrenteed it would be right on at a 100 yards and when i tested it out i kid you not that i was dead on..i have the 180 grain bullet as well.

Chances are it is bedding IF the rifle bore and chamber check out. Assume your smith has already checked those. Try glass bedding it as last resort and making sure not touching in the barrel channel anywhere.

Finally change scopes first. Make sure you do not have a scope problem and not a gun problem. New and even the best scopes can go bad.

Any decent factory load should be 1.5-2 MOA minimum.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.