Leica HD-Bs won't recognize my SD card

jl3216

I have a pair of the HD-B binos and have saved my custom flight path to a micro sd card. When I insert the card into the binos, I do not have the option to use the card. Under the ballistic tab, I only have the 12 pre-loaded options.

Is there something I need to turn on first??

You may need to reformat the card. Normally out of the box most cards are formated to either FAT 16 or FAT 32. The Binos may need a specific format.

Format the card and do not rename the file or it will corrupt it.

This! Delete anything saved on the card, or on the computer. Re enter your data in the Leica website, save it but ***DO NOT RENAME THE FILE*** At his point when you put it into the rangemaster it should recognize it.

If you have other similar files in you download folder your computer will automatically rename, file will not work!!!!! Must be " drop.hex", "drop1.hex" will not work!!! Good luck

yep I have a Leica rangefinder and had the same problem. It has to be named "drop.hex" or the Leica will not recognize it. Windows inserts (1),(2),(3) or so on based on how many times you've downloaded the file. I had to delete all my previous files and download again and rename the file "drop.hex" and it worked.