lead free 7mm rem mag

7millmag

i'm just getting back into reloading after a few years. And in Cali they are getting ready to switch over to non lead, for hunting bullets. any one have a good combo for them out of a savage rifle. I've shot the Hornady gmx (factory loads) and had issues with primer ejecting from the cases, probly just a bad batch from Hornady, and they didnt group that well ether. looking to load my own. the rifle is a model, 111. 7mm rem mag. any good lead free bullets that group well, at all ranges. and still perform as a hunting bullet should?

can you check the spacing from the lands buy using a fired casing and a bullet, and inserting it into the chamber and closing the bolt, then measuring the O.A.C.L that way. or is that BS? read it on a different forum a while back, but would like to cross reference

also is there a big difference in brass, cause i have mixed cases

can you check the spacing from the lands buy using a fired casing and a bullet, and inserting it into the chamber and closing the bolt, then measuring the O.A.C.L that way. or is that BS? read it on a different forum a while back, but would like to cross reference

also is there a big difference in brass, cause i have mixed cases
Yes, but you will probably have to press the side of the neck in enough to hold the bullet. If you have a Lee collet neck die, you can size the case neck just enough to hold the bullet as well. The OACL will give you a ballpark, but you really need to measure off the ogive of the bullet with a comparator.

Thank you.
I have been using Barnes for years and have had no issues. I like TTSX and TSX for hunting. I do not like the Nosler E-Tip bullets and I have had issues with these bullets. I have not used the Hornady GMX bullets for hunting ,as of this date. I have been using the 110 grain TTSX in my 7 Mauser IMP. with great results. This bullet would be a little light with a 7MAG. I would use 140 plus bullets for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.