Lazzeroni warbird expander ball question

rivetgun55

I have fought with this for years and with all of you experts out there maybe I won't have to any longer. I have RCBS dies. Adjusted as rcbs says. I have several other cal. that I have never had this problem. If I run my brass into the depriming die just far enough for the expander ball to go past the neck I can pull it back out if I want with just a bit of friction coming out. However if I run it all the way in and size and deprime the brass , then removing the brass is smoothe until the expander ball gets back to the neck and I can hardly get it back thru. I have tried graphite on the inside of the neck and doesn't seem to matter. After being sized and deprimed if I run it thru again I get the same thing. Hope I explained this properly. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

rivetgun55,
It sounds like a lube issue to me. I have never used graphite on my cases, but I'm sure it's a great lube, as I have used it on other stuff. I use the plain ole RCBS case lube and apply it liberally to the inside of my case necks with a case brush before I roll them on the lube pad. When or if I don't use any or enough I experience the same difficulties you described. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.