Last minute load advice

I'm reloading 200 rds for my buds 30-06. Tested 3 powders for a Sierra 150g GK...IMR4064 was the most accurate.

I also did 350 rds for his 6.5CM with 143 ELDXs...best accuracy was with H4350.

Going to change directions with my remington 30-06 from 190 ablr to 152 hammers, for a back up gun to my 33 nosler for elk and mule deer hunt in Colorado.

Powder suggestions?
I understand it is a backup gun, but "if" load development for the 190 has been accomplished accordingly, leave it alone unless you think you have time for load development. I am not a big fan of last-minute changes. Load development for me is not a race regardless of component choice ... but that's just me.

I understand it is a backup gun, but "if" load development for the 190 has been accomplished accordingly, leave it alone unless you think you have time for load development. I am not a big fan of last-minute changes. Load development for me is not a race regardless of component choice ... but that's just me.
I Concur

I have until end of October, my concerns about the 190s is how they will perform up close if the shot presents itself

I have until end of October, my concerns about the 190s is how they will perform up close if the shot presents itself
Why would it not perform at close range? I used to hear that a lot with 215 Bergers, and my personal experience says otherwise.

But if you feel strongly about it, go for it.

Last edited:
I dont know one way or another, but a bullet design to open up at lower speed wasn't sure what it would do