Larue QD mounts?

engineer40

I've been toying with the idea... instead of buying multiple medium priced optics for every rifle, maybe buy a real nice optic and get a high end QD mounting system. Then use the much higher quality optic on multiple rifles. (Economies of scale).

I saw a guy do this a long time ago. If I remember he kept each rifle's zero info on the DOPE card on each rifle stock. He claimed he never lost his zero changing the scope around onto multiple rifles.

Good idea? Bad idea? If it's a good idea, why don't more guys do this? I mean, I'd rather shoot with the best optic I could on every rifle...

I'm leaning Larue QD mounting system. Can you guys think of any other manufacturers I should look at?

Thanks all!

I would also look at Bobro QR 1 piece mounts. I don't normally remove any of my scopes, but on the 2 occasions I have done so, I was within just a few clicks of zero once I reinstalled it on the original rifle.

I would also look at Bobro QR 1 piece mounts. I don't normally remove any of my scopes, but on the 2 occasions I have done so, I was within just a few clicks of zero once I reinstalled it on the original rifle.

I have a larue QD mount. Would not recommend one for a precision rifle

I have heard good things about the Bobro but I swore off QD mounts

I have a larue QD mount. Would not recommend one for a precision rifle

I have heard good things about the Bobro but I swore off QD mounts

ALAMO FOUR STAR makes a real nice one. I think American Defense also makes one. I have the Alamo it is solid, unused in the package. They make them for MPA.

Don Dunlap

ALAMO FOUR STAR makes a real nice one. I think American Defense also makes one. I have the Alamo it is solid, unused in the package. They make them for MPA.

Don Dunlap

Don is there anything in shooting you don't have

I ordered a 21st century hydro press today. Just curious how consistent i can get seating effort and if it.really makes a difference

Don is there anything in shooting you don't have

I ordered a 21st century hydro press today. Just curious how consistent i can get seating effort and if it.really makes a difference

Plenty Richard, plenty. I wish I owned some 21st Century equipment, excellent stuff that I really know nothing about other then what I've read.

Don Dunlap

I have a one piece Larue qd mount for my swaro x5. I swap it around on a couple of uppers I have to save me 3 grand. it works perfect. Holds zero dead on. Have tested it off and on the same gun.
This week I shot a true one hole 3 shot group with that mount. It dosent move!

I run the Larue QD mounts on my hunting rifle Tikka t3 300wm. I've got a Leupold VX-6 and it holds zero perfect when it comes off. I set mine up this way so I can still use the open sights on the rifle if need be. They are very nice rings and would use them again if the need arose.

I contacted Larue. All of my pic rails (that aren't on AR uppers) use the style that is not recommended unfortunately. So my plan is out the window on this one...

larue.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.