QD Mount suggestions?

Nope only same riffle you change riffle no matter what scope qds you use you'll have adjust it.

hmmmmm, the sole reason I'm considering a QD scope is to swap it between 2 rifles at the range (adjusting the elevation on the scope to a predetermined amount based on each cartridge's 100 yd zero).

Sorry i dont thinknit would work to much variance in bore sight to barell center even if same brand and caliber rifle

But wouldn't that just be a matter of adjusting elevation. So every time the scope goes from rifle A to rifle B, windage is adjusted, for example, 1/4 MOA. As long as it's consistent, then that's easy enough.

IMO..... The problem will not be adjustment of horizontal and vertical. That would be easy and should work as you describe. The problem will be the physical reticle will not remain truly vertical with respect to the horizon between the two rifles. This will change POI at these 1000 yard distances you want the rifle to be able to shoot. And the only way to remedy it between the two rifles would be to loosen the scope in the rings to physically rotate the scope, which would negate the whole purpose of the QD rings.

IMO..... The problem will not be adjustment of horizontal and vertical. That would be easy and should work as you describe. The problem will be the physical reticle will not remain truly vertical with respect to the horizon between the two rifles. This will change POI at these 1000 yard distances you want the rifle to be able to shoot. And the only way to remedy it between the two rifles would be to loosen the scope in the rings to physically rotate the scope, which would negate the whole purpose of the QD rings.

Got it and thanks for the clarification

First of all, you don't have to have a "QD" mount. There are any number of unimounts that will do what you want to do just fine without QD capability. There are many, many unimounts that are repeatable and have ring heights that are relevant for use on a bolt action rifle (lower than 1.5" like a Bobro or ADM.) All you have to do is get a $30 Wheeler fat wrench and make sure the torque is repeatable when you mount them. With the right mount, they are every bit as repeatable if not more so than a QD mount.

I have personally used unimounts from Nightforce, Badger, Spuhr, and RRS. All got the job done. Hell, you can move a scope around with repeatable results just with a good pair of rings like NF, Seekins or Badger. Just have to have a torque wrench. the leveling thing discussed earlier is easier to deal with on a 1 piece mount though. Just level the scope to the mount. Variance between rifles is probably something you can deal with unless you're shooting at extremely long ranges. I currently use a 1.3" 20moa from Really Right Stuff. It's absolutely amazing, all the great features of a Spuhr for $100 or so cheaper and looks nicer to me.

Pick a host rifle for your baseline zero. Needs to be the rifle with a zero in the lowest part of the adjustment range for the scope. Make sure the scope is 100% level with the mount, not the rifle. Mount the scope to the rifle, torque it to the manufacturer's spec, and record what that is. Zero the scope to that rifle.

Take the scope/mount off, and mount it to the next rifle. Same as above, torque to spec and record. Using same POA, shoot a group and record what the POI shift is. You can use the POI shift and enter it in your ballistics calculator in the ZERO OFFSET section. Theoretically, if you play with it enough and figure it all out you should be able to move the scope around without even re-zeroing it for each rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.