Lapua tight primer pockets

MT-Shooter

Just purchased 100 Lapua .300 WM brass. Am having one heck of a time getting CCI 250 primers to seat all the way. Using a RCBS rockchucker press and have to really reef on it sometimes several times to get a primer to seat. Never had this happen with Lapua brass before. Anyone else have difficulty like this?

Yes, I had the same problem. 300 Win Mag also. A friend of mine was complaining about hard to seat primers into new Lapua brass. I think he had 22-250 though.

On a non-idiotic note I had this happen once with PPU brass of all things. Not a problem in my books (no hot dog humour required 🤣). The brass wasn't as tough as Winchester but when the pockets start out tighter that evens things out a bit. It was surprisingly decent brass all around in my .300 Winnie.

On a non-idiotic note I had this happen once with PPU brass of all things. Not a problem in my books (no hot dog humour required 🤣). The brass wasn't as tough as Winchester but when the pockets start out tighter that evens things out a bit. It was surprisingly decent brass all around in my .300 Winnie.
PPU is all I own in 300 WM. Two rifles. Great stuff. Winchester red bag was crap.

PPU is all I own in 300 WM. Two rifles. Great stuff. Winchester red bag was crap.

Yeah it's not lapua, Peterson, or Adg, but it's cheaper than any of the domestic brands and I honestly think it's better. Better than winchester, rem, hornady, federal. Federal and hornady I have an especially low opinion of.