Lapua Scenar ballistics in a hunting round?

Brian564

Talking about 338 Lapua Magnum. Lapua Scenar 250g seems to have outstanding ballistics in terms of flat shooting and energy retention, in addition to the legendary accuracy. Being a target round I don't believe it would for hunting though, so I am looking for advice on rounds with similar (or close) ballistics and accuracy that has proper expansion for hunting. Thank you.

Talking about 338 Lapua Magnum. Lapua Scenar 250g seems to have outstanding ballistics in terms of flat shooting and energy retention, in addition to the legendary accuracy. Being a target round I don't believe it would for hunting though, so I am looking for advice on rounds with similar (or close) ballistics and accuracy that has proper expansion for hunting. Thank you.

Here in Norway, several serious long - range guys are using the (250gr.) Lapua Scenar for hunting. They seem to be very pleased with the results. You should give it a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.