Hunting w/338 Lapua Scenar

graphite

In the process of building a new .338 Lapua and checking on the results others have had with this bullet as a hunter. I'm anxiously waiting for Walt Berger's new .338 VLD, but wanted to hear about other quality bullets that may go hunting.
Thanks

I've used the Scenar with great success. I've also used the 250MK successfully, I don't have any hunting experience with the 300's.

When is Berger coming out with the VLD? Any rumors yet?

Jim

Jim,

In conversations with Walt earlier in December, he mentioned that particulars would be announced at the SHOT show. He mentioned that they were in the process of developing a VLD for the .338 around 300 grains. Here's some bad news, Walt's wife Eunice died earlier this week. She sounded like a great lady!

I have asked a distibutor for Berger bullets if they were really bringing out a 300 grain vld and he called his rep at Berger and the answer he gave me was "Not yet, no plans". I hate it when you hear conflicting stories about something you want bad!
What about Lapua, rumors are in these parts that they are looking at one in the 280 grain weight?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.