Lapping cheap rings

Of001

Is it ok to get cheap rings and use an alignment bar and lap them?
I know 'fixing' is no substitute for precision machining like time and cooking. But hear me out.

I've got a bausch and lomb 4000 in 6-24x40? But it only has 20moa elevation adjustment. It's currently on a CZ 457 MTR.
I love the glass, always wanted a B&L, It works ok but literally maxed out at 99m.
I can get to 150 with the 17hmr and 22wmr but no further.
I added a 20moa rail and the uber rings I have are for 11mm dovetail and I need for picatinny. I'm might swap them onto my tikka t3x 308 so sell/trade is a no go for my HJ out back budget.

Because my budget involves going out back of the local burger shack at 2am and rather than sell on a discount my MDT elites or vortex matched rings (I will need one or both in the future, also preference for MDT vs Vortex? )...

is it conceivable to make a cheap ($25cad) set of rings ($15 no name but steel and solid, 4 top screws and a QD nut or 6 tops and 2 picatinny spaced screws) with EXCELLENT aftermarket screws (I can get custom cut/strength specific industrial local for $0.5-1 each $10 total for a set) as good as a set of MDT/vortex/Steiner h series by lapping and aligning?

Is it ok to get cheap rings and use an alignment bar and lap them?
I know 'fixing' is no substitute for precision machining like time and cooking. But hear me out.

I've got a bausch and lomb 4000 in 6-24x40? But it only has 20moa elevation adjustment. It's currently on a CZ 457 MTR.
I love the glass, always wanted a B&L, It works ok but literally maxed out at 99m.
I can get to 150 with the 17hmr and 22wmr but no further.
I added a 20moa rail and the uber rings I have are for 11mm dovetail and I need for picatinny. I'm might swap them onto my tikka t3x 308 so sell/trade is a no go for my HJ out back budget.

Because my budget involves going out back of the local burger shack at 2am and rather than sell on a discount my MDT elites or vortex matched rings (I will need one or both in the future, also preference for MDT vs Vortex? )...

is it conceivable to make a cheap ($25cad) set of rings ($15 no name but steel and solid, 4 top screws and a QD nut or 6 tops and 2 picatinny spaced screws) with EXCELLENT aftermarket screws (I can get custom cut/strength specific industrial local for $0.5-1 each $10 total for a set) as good as a set of MDT/vortex/Steiner h series by lapping and aligning?
Well I have an old scope that I have mounted with a set of weaver rings fairly inexpensive rings they were lapped i have bought other scopes over the years that are newer but whenever I have a scope/rifle combo that will not zero, I mount that scope on the rifle to this day, I have never removed the rings off that scope and I just mount it on another rifle, it is never far off on any rifle to zero, "once I know it is not the rifle and is the scope usually the mounts I can troubleshoot from there". So your approach should work, invest in a torque wrench. and you should be fine with lapping lesser rings, yes I have mulitple matched sets of Vortex rings that I like using on my higher end optics.