Krieger Barrel Bore Diameter Question

YOTEBOY

Looking at the Krieger website I see they offer 2 different bore diameters for their 6mm barrels - .236 & .237. What are the advantages of one over the other? I'm thinking of throwing one on a .240 WBY I'm putting together and I guess I'm wondering if one would be better than the other for my project? If it matters I'll be shooting 70-90gr bullets.

Good luck with getting an answer on this. I have read dozens of discussions about this and have not seen a concrete answer. If I was ordering one I would get a .236.

The theory behind the smaller diameter bore is its supposed to be better on factory bullets. Aka nosler/hornady etc. Most of your manufactured bullets have the "yep blonde moment can't think of the technical term" any ways there's aa band on a bullet after you seat your cores that is generally larger than the rest of your bullets diameter. Most of your bullet manufactures polish those off to some degree hence the reason the smaller bore diameter. In my opinion either will work fine. If you are shooting hand made bullets id go with the larger diameter.

Some say the .001" difference is immaterial. Many custom match bullets, have a pressure ring at the base, usually measuring .0005". Theory is that a .237 bore works better with those. The .236" bore is intended for bullets not having a pressure ring, i.e., most commercial bullets. But, you may not notice the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.