Kowa vs Maven

W

Wyo37

Has anyone spent time with both the kowa 773(4) and the Maven S1 spotting scopes? What are your thoughts about their glass quality?

I like the idea of the micro focus wheel on the kowa.

I have a pair of binoculars by Maven that are awesome. They are the B2 11x45 model to me they are very close to my Swaros and a bit brighter with better color than my Zeiss victory RF.

Not the spotter info you asked for but maybe it will help with your decision.

After a couple years I had the focus dial get jumpy and the customer service was excellent and quick. They made the repair and cleaned them up super nice and have been trouble free since.

Mavenhttps://mavenbuilt.com/
Based out of Lander, Wyoming. Awesome products, awesome people to deal with. Living in the same town, I have had the opportunity to look through about everything they make and have no problem saying their glass is about as good as it gets. I have their Rangefinder, and although it is fairly basic ( no Wi-Fi or component connection ) you won't find anything that compares in its price range. The equipment (optics) that I have been using for years are adequate but hope to eventually upgrade to Maven and would be confident it would be my last upgrade.

I've looked through the Kowa TSN553, Swaro ATC, and the Maven CS 1. The Kowa and Swaro were very, very similar in glass quality with the exception that the Swaro had wider field of view. The Kowa had a finer focus that I found more exacting. The Maven was nice but not on the same level. Now the Kowa was twice the price also of the Maven and the Swaro was even more. Hope this helps. I just purchased the TSN553.

Last edited: