Kowa Highlanders for Spotting Game @ LR

sscoyote

Anybody ever use these for that purpose? I bit the bullet and purchased a set with 32X oculars. They're heavy, and am trying to brainstorm a system for carrying them in a backpack for shorter distances in the field. Is there a portable tripod that'll handle them (14 lbs.)? I have the Leupold compact, and i think it'll support them, but not sure.? Also will a Doskocil case work with them?

Thats one impressive looking unit. Great idea I wonder why more companies don't make something like this.
They wanted $1300 just for the center mount for the tripod, Get real. Then another $925 for the Kowa brand Tripod. I can see why you want to try something else!

i have paired nikon 82ed, I have put then on my hiking tripod to test, it works but not real well, You,ll just have to test your leupold. I have never taken them more then a couple hundred yards from the truck, then I just put them on the full size tripod with jim white head and walk. I have bought 3cases, 2 underwater kinetics and SKB, the underwater kinetics are far superior. If you want the sizes on the 2 I'm not using let me know.

although I love my big eyes they have limited use for general glassing, I use 18x or 15x then go to the 30x when I need a better look

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.