Knee pain options

What merit, those would be called shoes.
Take an 8 miler barefoot through the woods and report back how that worked out for you.

The one exception would be a run on the beach with nice sand.
Tribes in Africa and South American still do. However I'm not here to change your mind or tell you how hard I am. I don't care.

I'm saying "those shoes" are for particular people with particular bodies, and particular walking or running optimization. Bare foot is as close to zero drop as you can get thus, there's merit. I was wrong to assume you would pick up on that, but you should really consider research before "calling bs" on something you know nothing about.

I'm not condoning it. I'm not suggesting it for anyone. I'm not saying it is better or for everyone. I said there's merit in what the other guy said.

Barefoot running. It restructures your running form (both mentally and physically) to run from the feet up instead of the hips down. This causes the muscles in your legs to do what God made them to do and "touch" the ground. The impact problem will go away and you will have a new problem; you will love running so much you will need more time for it!

I started barefoot running by accident and then got alot more into it after hearing a testimony of a woman on YouTube who was a marathon runner with runners knee so bad that her doctor told her she would never run again. She started barefoot running and now runs 8+ miles a day with no pain!
Reminds me of Abebe Bikila, 1960 olympic marathon gold medalist!