Kimber Rifle?

Kentucky99

In market for a new rifle.Previous was a 7mm A Bolt from around 1995.Less than a half min shooter.

Thinking of a Kimber in 300 win mag or 300 wsm.

Looked at one today in store liked the feel and looks of it.

How have kimbers of recent manufacture been shooting?

Yep, I have a couple in 300WM and 338WM, both are .5MoA shooters when shot from a solid rest, great rifles.

Cheers.
gun)

Couple of years ago my Dad and I bedded a heavy barrel Kimber chambered in .204 Ruger for a guy. It wasn't too great out of the box, but after bedding it and using factory shells, it shot under 3/8" groups. It was deadly after bedding the rifle, but personally I wouldn't pay the price for one. Just don't find them to be so great, don't get me wrong, they are nice but just not what I am looking for.

Good luck.
I wouldn't own another one if it was given to me free. My $600 Rem SPS with missing rifling shot better groups.
I would call the factory and ask them what their accuracy std is now. It was 2" at 100 in 2012.

I have an 8400 in 270WSM and love it. Most loads go right about an inch but a few make bugholes.

I prefer to hunt with control round feed rifles that have 3 position safeties.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.