Kimber Mntn. Ascent Muzzle Diameter

LSHopper

Can someone that has one, or access to one, please tell me what the muzzle diameter is on the threads of a 300 WSM or Win. mag. To the nearest .001". Thanks in advance for your help.

Lance

I did that first, and you will never believe what the response was. I was told that the information could not be given out to the public. The poor schmuck answering the customer service line was only doing what he was allowed, but it was as if it were some proprietary secret. I had to laugh!

I did that first, and you will never believe what the response was. I was told that the information could not be given out to the public. The poor schmuck answering the customer service line was only doing what he was allowed, but it was as if it were some proprietary secret. I had to laugh!

WOW! I got nothing. Hopefully, others will chime in soon.

Last edited:
I'd still like to know the measurement, I just figured I would have a better idea of how thin they were willing to go with the muzzle wall thickness with the largest bore they offer.

They do 7/16x28 threads on .30 caliber rifles. A little on the thin side for my liking but I've never heard of anyone ripping the end off their barrel yet.

so here is what I have...
the .338 federals no threads are .114 wall thickness.
the .280AI's were .523/.105 and .560/.108 I know the thinner one is a 2019 24" and the thicker was a older one and shorter barrel maybe.
The .308 ADK is .594 beneath the cap od and is .286 wall thickness. 18'' barrel.

They all shoot! One .338 will make a perfect one hole with 160 ttsx and the .308 puts 5 bergers under a dime and the .280's both cloverleaf hammers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.