Pain killer Muzzle brake for Kimber build??

Elkwonder

I have a new Kimber 280 AI Montana that I just ordered a #3 brux barrel for. I don't like the pencil thin barrels on the Montanas so I wanted something with a little more weight that would hold on target better. I am looking for a good muzzle brake for it to help reduce recoil, and was looking at the Pain killer brake. Does anyone have any experience with these?
I know Kirby helps a lot of people out here and is a wealth of knowledge, so I l definitely like the idea of supporting him. Just kinda wondering if anyone has any input on these and how well they work and look on the smaller contour barrels like the BRUX #3. I think the end contour is only like .630 Thanks

I have a few of them installed on heavier barrels. The brakes work great. As to their appearance on a sporting rifle, well ................ that's really a personal matter. :rolleyes:

As far as installing one on your #3 bbl, I'd check with Kirby directly on that.

The only issue I have with PKs or any slab type brake is keeping them timed properly. I believe that Kirby recommends that you not remove & reinstall them after installation. I frequently remove mine and soak them in solvent to get them clean.

I'm into the PK brakes.

A monster one on the big girl.

The brake is all about recoil reduction. Looks don't mean all that much.

Regarding the PK brakes - if the phrase "impressive looking" is used, it certainly trumps 'Pretty'. (as in girlie cute:cool:)

Just say'n.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.