Kimber 84M rebarrel and chamber

JMB 1911

I have a Kimber short action .243 and the barrel appears to be shot out. Accuracy and chrono have gone crazy. I have shot multiple handloads and factory ammo the results are consistent across the board.

My daughter shot her first deer and antelope with this rifle, so she doesn't want to replace it.

I am looking for someone to rebarrel it and while I am at it I want to rechamber it for 7/08

Does anyone have a recommendation?

My daughter shot her first deer and antelope with this rifle, so she doesn't want to replace it.
You can always have it re-barreled with the same contour as the original barrel.
I am looking for someone to rebarrel it and while I am at it I want to rechamber it for 7/08

Does anyone have a recommendation?
The 7MM-08 is an excellent choice too. Are you looking for a gunsmith in your local area where you can drive to and from? If not @Alex Wheeler is now in Florida and would be an excellent choice.

I live in CT and while someone local would be nice I am pretty certain that I will be sending it somewhere. I did have a couple local recommendations, but they weren't interested on working on the Kimber. I think they were PRS guys more use to working on PRS actions designed to be rebarreled.

I live in CT and while someone local would be nice I am pretty certain that I will be sending it somewhere. I did have a couple local recommendations, but they weren't interested on working on the Kimber. I think they were PRS guys more use to working on PRS actions designed to be rebarreled.
He builds accurate rifles, period. You will never know until you contact him. Depending on your choice of barrel, some also chamber/install barrels.

Last edited:
I don't have a local recommendation for you, but I have that rifle in 7mm-08 and it's great 👍 Fantastic caliber choice for the size/weight of it.

If you end up needing to mail it, Alamo Precision in Ft Worth does great work. They can order a matched contour barrel and make it look like it did originally.

Pacnor has historically done a lot of kimber rebarrel work. Can think of a half dozen they have done over the years for various friends. While not the current hotness, they make a good serviceable kimber rebarrel option.