Kimber 84M Adirondack - 6.5 Creedmoor - questions

TXshooter3

At SHOT Show 2015 Kimber announced they will be making their Adirondack (84M) in 6.5 Creedmoor with a threaded barrel.

Kimber America | Adirondack | Model 84M | Rifles

I love the idea of a 6.5 Creedmoor in a 4 lb 13 oz gun that you can put a suppressor on for hunting whitetails. I have a long range 6.5x284 rifle I bought from Len last year and love, but it's on the heavy side. I want the 6.5 CM for hunting 500 yards and under and then use my current rifle for 500+.

I was going to place an order then decided I would jump on here and research it for a minute and it looks like Kimber rifles have had some accuracy problems in the past. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Adirondack? A lot of the negative posts are several years old so I was wondering if the accuracy has improved in recent years?

Thanks in advance!

I dont know about the kimber but savage makes one in the 6.5 Creedmoor that weighs 5 lbs i believe. Ive hear that rifle shoots well even with a light barrel. You could always have it threaded if you wanted to suppress it.

I am also curious. Kimbers site says 12 twist. No way it can be 12 twist. Also heard the mountain ascent will be coming in 300 WSM. Called Kimber about the 300 WSM and the guy I talked to had never heard of such a thing, but he also seemed like he didnt know where he was.

I had a kimber 84m in 260rem that wouldn't shoot under 3-4" @100 yards with my handloads or factory ammo. Sent it back to kimber, they rebarreled it to 257 Roberts and I gave it to my dad don't know if it shoots better or not. Last one i buy, I think you would be money ahead to do a semi custom.

I bought a Kimber Montana 8400 300 WSM in about 2004 when they first hit the market. When I read that Melvin Forbes of ULAC. had designed the stock I wanted one. I had heard stories that the Kimber Montana 8400's did not shoot good out of the box. I decided to try something on this rifle as an experiment. I have 30 cal. cast bullets I used to shoot in my work rifle to keep in shooting form. I coated 10 cast bullets in Midway's medium fire lap abrasive, 30 in the Fine Midway fire lap abrasive, used LYMAN cast data for these bullets. Loaded some 150,165,180 gr. jacketed bullets and went to the range. Cleaned rifle of shipping lube. Shot 5 Med coated bullets, cleaned the bore shot the other 5 med., cleaned the bore. Shot the 30 fine coated with cleaning bore every 5 rounds. Cleaned the bore, At 100 yds. started with 150 gr. Jacketed bullets. 1.75 group, 165 gr. jacketed 1.25 group. 180 gr Sierra .625 group. With a 2.5 X 8 Leopold scope, nylon sling and 4 rounds 7 1/4 lb. bad weather rifle. The Kimber action is great. Mauser Claw Extractor, Sako Adjustable Firing Pin, Model 70 3 Position Safety, and the bolt can be taken apart in camp with no tools and cleaned every night if needed. Over the last 10 years has become my go to rifle. Deer Elk and Caribou so far.

Does anyone have experience with the Kimber 84M?
I have a Kimber 84M Pro Varmint in .22-250 Rem. It shoots nice, but not at the accuracy levels most on this forum are looking for. So far I've just used factory ammo though. It may do a little better once I get some nice hand loads dialed in. It is a comfy, easy to carry for what it does, pretty rifle. But it's an entirely different animal from the lightweight mountain rifles.

I also have an 84L Classic Select Grade .25-06 which may eventually be a candidate for re-barreling in 6.5-06 :D
Nothing wrong with it now, but I've got the 6.5mm bug.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.