Killed one over dogs yesterday

killahog

I was invited to hunt with a group of Amish guys near Cadiz Ohio yesterday who run the coyotes with hounds. We started off before daylight with a electronic caller trying to locate them, when one answered it was on to guys took the dogs in that direction and got him jumped and the chase was on, the coyote must have ran 5 or six miles making loops and trying to elude the dogs he made it past several hunters including myself twice before I was able to make a 250 yard trotting shot with my 22-250 AI .The hunt lasted probably 4 hours he was a crafty one.

Attachments

• Yote selfie 2 .JPG
    Yote selfie 2 .JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
I was invited to hunt with a group of Amish guys near Cadiz Ohio yesterday who run the coyotes with hounds. We started off before daylight with a electronic caller trying to locate them, when one answered it was on to guys took the dogs in that direction and got him jumped and the chase was on, the coyote must have ran 5 or six miles making loops and trying to elude the dogs he made it past several hunters including myself twice before I was able to make a 250 yard trotting shot with my 22-250 AI .The hunt lasted probably 4 hours he was a crafty one.
Would the last name of the houndsman be Raber?I'm hunting Feb,with an Amish friend of mine in Adams County Ohio,who i've known for 25 years,i'll post some pics of his hounds,I visit him often,my wifes family all live i rural Adams County,wher I whack several yotes regularly the place is totally infested with them.

Would the last name of the houndsman be Raber?I'm hunting Feb,with an Amish friend of mine in Adams County Ohio,who i've known for 25 years,i'll post some pics of his hounds,I visit him often,my wifes family all live i rural Adams County,wher I whack several yotes regularly the place is totally infested with them.

His name is not Raber.

We beat up 4 more today with the help of the beagles all were taken with 12 gauge's and copper plated 4 buck.

Attachments

• Yotes 1-26-20 .JPG
    Yotes 1-26-20 .JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
  • yotes and hunters 1-26-20.JPG
    yotes and hunters 1-26-20.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 240
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.