Kestrel 5700 w/ LiNK (not Elite) -- Any reviews/advice?

Where did you find the sportsman at? I know that Kestrel discontinued the sportsman model w/ AB and moved over to this model w/o AB and another ballistics program (assuming their own?).

I'd love a sportsmans w/ AB if I could find it, but again, not sure if I'd be alright with the non-sportsmans newer model that uses the other ballistic program.
amazon has some sports men with link and the bushnell range finder for 495 right now

Hello all,

I'm taking a look at the Kestrel meters, this would be my first ballistic weather station. I am looking at the 5700 model, but not the Elite, so it doesn't have Applied Ballistics, just some other software.

I am wanting to use this primarily for hunting purposes (within 600 yards), however, practice on steel out to about 1,000 would be a plus.

Is the non-elite 5700 model okay for what I need? Is the ballistic software on this model suitable for my needs? Any other recommendations/advice would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Also, does this system already determine altitude density and adjust for this? In other words, will the system (once I set my baseline: BC, velocity, etc) automatically output correct drop data when I switch environments with different altitude, temp., etc.?

Thanks in advance!
if you are going to get a kestrel for hunting or just long range steel it would be a wast of money to get one with out AB at least a sportsmen with the link and best the elite

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts