Kestrel 4500 ab problem

velvetant

First off I know the problem is me inputting something wrong just don't know what. So I'm starting from the beginning again.
My problem is incorrect readings at 1000-1500 yards. Off 5 moa at 1450 yards.
So I will start with a turret test again. Get a 100 yard tape measure and shoot two groups, one at zero and one at 36 moa high. That should be 37.69" if my math is correct.
Next is borrow my buddies Labradar and verify my velocity.
Caliber is 6.5 creedmoor/140 Berger VLD @ 2852 fps measured with a shooting chrony, Es of 14 fps. I suspect this chrono to be the problem.
With a 200 yard zero I am at 47 moa actual for 1450 yard target.
The kestrel tells me 42.3 moa.

So, there's a few things that are both going to be an issue that will make up the 5 moa difference at that range. B.C. and the fact that you're using a chrono for definitive MV. maybe using dolap type radar might make it a little easier and/or be more accurate, but nothing can replace mv truing. as far as the b.c you might need to drop it or increase it. Those two can be the most common issues at that those ranges assuming all your enviormentals and no head/tail wind existed....also make sure you were on g7 on your kestrel...im sure you are using a g7 bc since you are using berger.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.