Kestrel 5700 AB Shopping

It seems like it's pretty hard to get a deal on one new. Pretty much everywhere has the same price. Maybe wait for a Brownells 10% off coupon and see if it works? Wouldn't be a huge savings but better then nothing.

Right now Opticsplanet has the 5700 elite for $670 and a 10% off coupon bringing it down to almost $600. That is the cheapest I have seen from anywhere. The other way to get it about the same price is with Brownells when they have a 10% off coupon and stack with Active Junky for another 4% off.

You might take a look at Weatherflow ballistic weather meter. Does all the same functions as Kestrel. Much smaller, uses the ARC ballistic program which is free, plugs into your phone, Bluetooth, and best of all is the price. They cannot keep them on the shelves.

Another vote for the weatherflow. I use strelok pro with it and I think I spent a total of $70.

Good to hear another member found this great product. Both are great ballistic programs and you can't bet the price. Thanks
I was able to obtain two first round hits at 1012 yards the other day using the software/ meter. Of course I did my workup and testing prior to the hits.

I am a very real believer in kestrel I had the 4500 and its humidity went bad sent it in and they said they didn't make that model any more and would replace it with a 5500 for free or I could up grade to the 5700 elite for 190 more with ballistic calculation and bluetooth no brainer and still keep the warranty. To me if I pay a lil more but get quality with a backed warranty from a American company that will be around for a while then I am all in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.