Kelly McMillan and McMillan Rifles

marioq

I have to give a big shout out to Kelly McMillan!!!!

I will keep this short but suffice to say he KNOWS how to treat his customers.

I had a new McMillan rifle in 6.5x284 built for me. I took it shooting and broke the barrel in and was shooting stock ammo. It shot poor... I figured it was the ammo so I started loading for it. I contacted several people here and also read the forums for ideas and loads. I even went so far as to email Bob Beck because of his affiliation in the past with these rifles in order to get a starting point. I tried everything I could and all the attempts that I could to get this thing to shoot... Never shot better than 2 -3 inches at 100 yards. Finally, I called Kelly. He said that he built a gun very similar to this one and that one can't shoot. He told me to send the gun back and he would look at it. He told me it would not be fast but he would get it done.....

Well, several weeks later he calls and says he found the problem, he fixed it and now it shoots .5 MOA.... He said he was going to get it re-cerakoted because the crown was wrong and he would send it back.... Also, because it took long, he would send it with 3 boxes of the same ammo for me....

Hats off to them@!!! Great job...

also, I sent a stock that was broken and then replaced it free of charge!!

Great job guys!! You have my respect and business for years to come.

Mario Quesada,

That may be an even better testimonial for customer service than you think. Did you know Kelly McMillan sold the firearms division of his company 4 years ago.

Yes I did. He built this as a favor so to speak and he used subcontractors as I understand it do do the barrel ( which was the issue) and then he put the rest together.

But yes he is a real stand up guy. I appreciate his moral and integrity.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.