Barrel Swap and Mcmillan Stock Clearance?

PNW EOD

Hey guys, I'm planning on swapping a Benchmark #6 Profile steel barrel with a Proof Research Carbon Sendero Profile soon. Obviously dimensions are quite a bit different between the two. My question is this, would the average gunsmith be able to remove material from the Mcmillan A3 Adjustable stock in order to get clearance for the barrel? Or is this something that must be sent to Mcmillan in order to achieve?

I opened up the channel in my McMillan stock and went through the fiberglass into the foam so I had to epoxy the barrel channel back up. It was a pain, but doable. If done correctly you can't even tell. IMO, I would recommend selling the stock that you have and replace it with a stock with the proper barrel channel.

Thanks for the reply guys. I have no doubt that my gunsmith is anything but excellent, but I didn't necessarily want to ask stupid questions. I appreciate it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.