Kaspa scope OK ?

milkie62

My goto deer rifle which is an old Rem 788 in 308 needed to have a scope upgrade from my banged up Tasco which has served well for the last 25 yrs. Most of my shots are in the 100-250 yd range with the farthest being around 325 yds. I just ordered a Kaspa tactical 3-12x44 ill in dark earth from Natchezz for $169.99 shipped plus a $30 rebate coupon.And scope caps & a Weaver scope cover come with it. I wanted to try something illuminated this time since some of my shots are against pines at end of day hunting and the crosshairs are sometimes not possible to make out. The reviews were good on the scope and for what I usually put this rifle through I did not want to spend big money. Hoping it works out. Anybody ever try one of these scopes ?

Never heard of this brand scope. If it is totally multi coated it may be ok. The larger your objective lens is the better you are able to see your cross hair. In dim light I like an exit pupil of at least 5. Exit pupil is found by dividing the power into the objective lens, the higher the exit pupil the better you can see through your scope or binoculars and also your spotting scope in dim light. Your scope on 4 power would have an exit pupil of 11 very good, on 12 power only 3.6 not good for dim light, also when using the illumination feature keep it low in low light or you will have a bigger problem seeing what you are shooting at. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.