Weaver Kaspa??

Thanks Roy.

I trust your judgement....

I'm a little 'dumbed down' I guess by optics pricing as of late. Even Vortex is getting expensive and then I read a couple reviews on the Weaver and though to myself....maybe this the next hot scope.

Virtex made a grand entrance with reasonable pricing but the reasonable pricing is steadily increasing....to not so reasonable anymore.

It is a strange name. Sounds like a girl's name but it (Kaspa) might make a some inroads into Vortex and Leupy sales.

I think I'll get one for the 308 for my friend. Will be his first optic (always iron sights) so he should be tickled.

I read somewhere it was Chinese glass but today, China turns out some good stuf, I look at China is the Japan of 15 years ago. China is fast becoming a major player in the machine tool industry, why not in optics.
I ju
Thanks Roy.

I trust your judgement....

I'm a little 'dumbed down' I guess by optics pricing as of late. Even Vortex is getting expensive and then I read a couple reviews on the Weaver and though to myself....maybe this the next hot scope.

Virtex made a grand entrance with reasonable pricing but the reasonable pricing is steadily increasing....to not so reasonable anymore.

It is a strange name. Sounds like a girl's name but it (Kaspa) might make a some inroads into Vortex and Leupy sales.

I think I'll get one for the 308 for my friend. Will be his first optic (always iron sights) so he should be tickled.

I read somewhere it was Chinese glass but today, China turns out some good stuf, I look at China is the Japan of 15 years ago. China is fast becoming a major player in the machine tool industry, why not in optics.
I just spoke with a rep at Weaver regarding their scopes. I've purchased 7 from Natchez supply..5 have gone back foe illuminated reticle issues. Those were all made in China per the rep. He told me the Kasparov's line is made in Japan and or the Philippines

Kaspas are made in China. Weaver classics and Grand slams are made in Japan. If you can find the Super Slams, they also are from Japan. I believe the classic extremes are from the Philippines.

Any one know if the reticle is etched or wire?

Been digging around the weaver site on my phone...so far nothing.

So far every time it's not listed the scope had wire reticles...deal breaker for me!

I'm cheap but I still have my low standards! :confused:

Any one know if the reticle is etched or wire?

Been digging around the weaver site on my phone...so far nothing.

So far every time it's not listed the scope had wire reticles...deal breaker for me!

I'm cheap but I still have my low standards! :confused:

I'm not sure either way but I've had one on a 204 ruger for quite a few years now and it's been through hell. The side focus isn't very accurate by the yardage marks etched in it but overall a good scope. Only issue I have is from sun exposure I suppose it's fading from black to almost bronze color. Holds zero though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.